Nowadays it’s highly beneficial for people living in this advanced society to know more than one language because of some of the following reasons:
- It can help one obtain higher paying employment
- It can assist in improving social status by being able to have a larger range of communication abilities
- Allowing one to become closely acquainted with people in their native language.
Although learning a language is very important, placing emphasis on phonetics and pronunciation when learning a foreign language is key to effective communication. Simply put, native speakers won’t understand you; especially when your pronunciation or sentence structure is incorrect. Be sure to use a pronunciation guide when possible, practice pronunciation through exercises, and remember pronunciation rules.
In the most general sense Phonetics may be defined as the study of sounds and the human voice. Phonetics has three main branches: articulatory phonetics, acoustic phonetics, and auditory phonetics. But for those who want to learn to speak a foreign language it is articulatory phonetics that is of primary importance.
You may be interested in the question: what pronunciation exercises are the most efficient and useful for a person who wants to improve his/her pronunciation skills? Here are some tips, which can help you to solve your pronunciation problems and obtain [http://www.qwertystudios.com/speech/tts-study/study-accurate-pronunciation/study-accurate-pronunciation.html]accurate pronunciation:
1. Learn pronunciation rules
2. Consult pronunciation dictionary
3. Pay attention to word stress
4. Listen to songs and film dialogues to improve your intonation skills
5. Record your speech and compare it with the original
6. Master your pronunciation skills uttering tongue twisters
7. Use computer programs to make language learning easier
8. Listen to texts in background mode
9. Read aloud to polish the pronunciation of difficult sounds
Today among numerous language teaching aids, it is learn to read programs and pronunciation software which are of vital importance for those who want to communicate easily with native speakers.
Speaking Notepad is the very pronunciation teaching program which will give you an invaluable opportunity to listen to pronunciation of words as many times as you need it. You can choose by yourself the themes of the texts and their complexity. With Speaking Notepad attaining powerful pronunciation and improving reading skills turns into a pleasant pastime