A preposition is a word that says something about the position of a noun.
The following are examples of prepositions:
- The toy is under the table.
- The ring is in the box.
- Kennedy’s pan was over the counter.
- Alyssa is on the couch.
- Her belt is above her navel.
- There is dirt below the sink.
- Megan is standing behind Joe.
- The dog is sitting in front of the house.
- John fell against the wall.
- Kameron stood beside his mother the whole time.
- Life is always better when we are among family and friends.
- the students sat around their teacher for circle time.
Remember that the word “position” is in preposition in order to aid you in remembering the definition and purpose of the word.